Today I was able to first-assist on a hernia repair! Time goes so much faster in the OR when you aren't just watching. I haven't been able to do much hands-on stuff in the OR while I have been on the general surgery/trauma service... but whenever I do have to chance to really participate in an operation it reminds me how much I like surgery.
I have been sick the last couple of days with some kind of infection... my tonsils are enlarged, my throat is sore, and my nose is runny. It is hard to be enthusiastic and ask questions during surgery when it hurts to talk... I hope it goes away soon or else I may have to get some antibiotics. Now, I am going to go to sleep... even if it isn't even 9pm yet. I took some Benadryl and I am getting sleepy!
No comments:
Post a Comment