Friday, December 16, 2005

Christmas is here!

This week has been crazy! Tuesday was the last day of my surgery rotation at the hospital. I had all Wednesday to study for tests on Thursday and Friday. Then, Thursday night the ice storms came and I awoke to the sound of bamboo breaking in the backyard... and a cold/dark house. Thankfully, we have a gas water heater, so the shower was hot. Then, I chopped through all the ice coating my car and braved the tree-strewn, powerless streets of Greenville to get to Columbia to take the OSCE (Objective Structured Clinical Exam). Trees were down all over Greenville...and Starbucks didn't have any power so I had to go without any coffee until I got to Columbia! Terrible. :)
I eventually made it to Columbia and took the OSCE, it was just as terrible as OSCEs usually are... Then, I drove back home and picked Forrest up from BJ around 8:30. The house still didn't have power, so we joined Miranda, Amanda, Sarah, and Brian at the hospital to spend the night in the medical student call rooms. Then, 9am the next morning, I took my last test for this term!!! It was hard, but it is over!!!!!!!!!!
Christmas vacation is here!

No comments: